Friday, September 24, 2010

Family Traditions

My father was huge on family traditions growing up (enter Fiddler on the Roof soundtrack here). Whether it was having custard pie for breakfast on holidays (which included his birthday :) or hanging up Christmas ornaments in a certain order - tradition was important. As a military family that moved around a lot it centered us and helped us to build strong bonds that my siblings and I still enjoy to this day.

In my married family, the Florida Gators (especially the football team - Tebow we miss you!) are a BIG deal. So each year my husband and I dress ourselves and the kids up in our Gator gear and head to a local park to take a family photo. We than take a nature walk and treat the kids to a special snack.

I love pulling out the photos and comparing them from year to year, especially as we add new family members.

I decided to scrap last year's photo for Harmonie's monthly sketch challenge. The product used is primarily Pebbles, with a bit of Chatterbox and miscellaneous stash thrown in.

The polka dot on the blue mat is done with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Embossing folder. I then just sanded the top a bit to get the white core of the patterned paper to show through. For those who don't want to invest in spendy two toned papers - this is a cheap fix, especially when you use remnants from your scrap box.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL Carrie Anne! I love love love love that photo and loving the little hearts! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)