Monday, September 13, 2010

Flutter bye-bye





The warm fragrances and temperatures of Summer are rapidly fading here in Northern Georgia. I have - through no efforts of my own - a beautiful array of hydrangeas and impatiens in my front yard and they attract the most amazing butterflies. I thought I would share this card that celebrates the last visages of spring - before we enter the Fall rainy season.

As a Northerner by birth and heritage, I refer to this time as Monsoon season, I never knew prior to moving here that the South could get so much icky, weather!

This butterfly shaped card is hinged at the top and was cut with my Cricut using the "A Child's Year" cartridge. This is one of my favorite cartridges and I find new uses for it each week. The butterfly was than embossed with a Cuttlebug flourish folder and my Big Shot.

The sentiment is from Crafty Secrets (I love their clear Vintage stamps - their images are amazing), the patterned paper is BoBunny, the pebbles are Stamping Bella and the hat pin and other various items are either embellishments I made myself or from the scrap bin.

The brown flower is actually made from a 5 petal punch in which the petals are overlapped and the bottom snipped off to provide a flat surface to apply a glue dot. I then sprayed the cardstock lightly with water to make the paper malleable and rolled the petals back with a stylus. I repeated the process for the inner flower made of patterned paper, but did not cover as many petals in the overlapping step.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING Carrieanne!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee all the details! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)