Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Balancing Act ...


Here is the second set of hat boxes I mentioned in my last post. I actually have these out in my home as Christmas decorations now. I like the incorporation of the pink, as a not so traditional Christmas color.

The top green box is embellished with Quickutz flourish die cuts and a few highlighting bits of bling. The red cardstock on the lid is heavy weight 110lb that comes embossed with columns on it.

The middle pink box incorporates a variety of heart punches in several sizes and shapes. The rows of white pearls and the individual pink pearls are from Michael's Reminisce line.

As in the previous set of stacking boxes the bottom box is my favorite. I once again used the red column embossed cardstock for the lid, but this time added a strip of smooth red embossed with the Cuttlebug Pin dot folder. The flowers were cut with the Cricut and I added different sized red bling bits for the centers. I really liked the contrast of the pink on the red for the flowers.

I am torn as to whether or not to gift these little guys or hang on to them with the rationalization that they could be used for Valentine's Day decor. Choices, choices!

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

4 comments:

  1. I like these even more than the others. Love the color combos and the flowers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooooooooooooooo cute cute cute!! LOVE THEM! Merry Christmas! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)