Monday, December 27, 2010

A tiny bit of Paris ...



One of the trade show booths I worked on this year showcased a Parisian Boutique theme and I made two mini Eiffel Towers for it (I shared the other one earlier in the month). The towers stand at about 3 feet. Remember my swooning over Cuttlebug embossing folders in a previous post. This project is a big reason why I shout their merits from the hill tops. Because the pieces to this tower were so large, they could not be run through a Big Shot. So after trying everything I could think of from using a rolling pin to smacking an embossing folder with a meat tenderizer I went old school and used a stylus and a Sizzix texture plate to do the embossing by hand. It took forever and was much like shooting in the dark as I could not see the texture plate and was primarily embossing by feel on very thick metallic cardstock.

The butterflies were cut from metallic vellum with a Stampin' UP! die and the bling is from Michael's Reminisce line.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)