Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Pink Stamper March Design Team Project


I am a bit hooked on Paper Quilting this month and our monthly My Pink Stamper challenge was to do a layout, so I thought I would combine the two! The piecing and hand sewing on this layout did take quite awhile, but I loved how it turned out. The hearts were cut from the "Create a Critter" Cartridge. The Heidi Swapp distressing tool was then used to rough up the edges.

Robyn's clear stamps are amazing for their versatility. I used two stamp sets on this layout; Sweetest Cupcake for the "Sugar and Spice" sentiment with which I created the border around the heart and "Sweet Baby" for the "Sweet Girls" title.

I used a watercolor marker to color in the Sugar "&" and Spice separately and then stamped them individually to create the border. Key to this technique is THOROUGHLY cleaning your stamp between each impression so no over stamping or blurring occurs.

To check out the entire My Pink Stamper Team's projects be sure to visit http://www.mypinkstamper.com. If you don't have every single one of Robyn's amazing clear stamps be sure to do some window shopping here where all of her stamps are pictured and her retailers listed.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

18 comments:

  1. This is so cool!! Love the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your layout is stunning.. I just love the quilted look you created.. You should totally enter your page in our "Scrappy Saturday's with the Bug" challenge.. If you are interested here is the link:
    http://melissascrappenplace.blogspot.com/2011/03/scrappy-saturdays-with-bug-challenge-4.html

    Buggy Hugs,
    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And what a fun shape to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love it and want to now try a shaped layout myself. You did an amazing job.!

    Lisa Scrappinpinklady

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the paper quilting CarrieAnne! :) I need to get a sewing machine so I can do this too!!! Really though, this layout is fabulous.

    Can you show a picture of/ describe a water color pen? I have never used anything but regular ink on my stamps and have never heard of that. Do you just get that kind of thing at Michael's?

    Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is beautiful! I love the heart shape and the quilting. The best part is that you picked fabulous papers to go with your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your LO wasn't traditional. The quilting is fabulous! Love it. :)

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the quilted look. Your layout is simply amazing! The group of pictures look great on the quilted heart.

    Angela
    Simple Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My Goodness...I LOVE THE PAPER QUILTING! This is just stunning! The stitching and details are just wonderful! The papers and design showcase those beautiful pictures in a perfect way and your use of the stamps is great! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This is the prettiest layout! I love the quilting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea to do the quilting!!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought your layout was the very cutest this time. I think you all do a fantastic job but I LOVED this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is so adorable!! Love that you made it a shape, too. The sentiment wrapping around the edges is totally inspirational. Funny how I forget to do things like that...so thank you for inspiring all of us. Your layout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i liked your photo frame project, but this is even better! how did you get the patchwork heart done? did you glue the patches down and then cut the heart and sew it on? i'm so curious! this is great!
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing!!! love the paper patching. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Ruby
    http://handcraftedsimplybyus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Beautiful, love the heart shape and the papers are just stunning thank you for te inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just presented you with an award! I'd love it if you stopped by! ericaqscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this design My neighbor loaned me a book on paper quilting I have not tried it yet, but it looks like a lot of fun.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)