Saturday, July 23, 2011

Chicago CHA Update #1 - Magnolia Stamps and La Blanche Stamps

Alyssa McGrew (Owner of Miss Art's Papercrafting School) and myself on the first day of the show!
I am finally back from CHA in Chicago. I know I promised to upload photos from the show, but I was just too busy!!  So here is the first installment of my CHA update coverage.



One of the goals I had for the show was to find a few stamp companies that would be a good fit for future Miss Art's Papercrafting School classes. And today's post will share with you artwork and product I found in the Magnolia Stamps and La Blanche Stamps booths.

Magnolia Stamps

 I have been familiar with Magnolia Stamps for quite sometime. Their signature line of cherubic like child images are super cute.  These stamps come mounted on EZMount which makes them super easy to store (no bulky wood mounts) and also perfect for acrylic mounts. The Magnolia images work extremely well with Copic markers which are all the rage at the moment.

I took a few snap shots of their  booth, but you can find out more at their website: http://magnoliastamps.us
I apologize for the off coloring, the lighting in some of the booths made my camera nuts!

 Here are a few of my favorite stamp images:


     


 
 These projects were just too cute. I don't know who the artist was that created them. If you know shoot me an email and I will give credit in the photo caption.









 La Blanche Stamps
 
Because I missed the Winter Show in Anaheim, this was my first exposure to La Blanche and this stamp company was definitely one of my favorite things about the entire show. La Blanche stamps are incredibly detailed. Their mounts are made from lightweight, hard foam and the stamped image itself is done in a very high quality silicon. In order to capture all the details of these amazing stamps, the demonstrator for the company recommended using VersaMark or Stazon ink.









As I am off in just a few days for a family reunion I thought I would schedule posts each day for the next week or so sharing my detailed pictures and thoughts on the people, new products and all things artsy I encountered on the show floor. If you didn't have a chance to go to the show, but have a question about a new product or something revealed there, leave me a comment and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)