Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm Published in Cricut Magazine!!!

For many of you who have been published gobs of times this won't be very impressive, but for me one of the highlights of CHA was to get to see some of my projects in print for the first time. I have been published before in online magazines (and those are great pubs) but there is something really neat about seeing your work on the printed page. Northridge Publishing does an amazing job with their backdrops and photography. They really make your artwork look fantastic.


I have a number of projects coming out between now and January, and was able to see my work in two separate magazines at the show. My mom, who is a sweetie and a bit too proud of my meager accomplishments, marched right into the first book store we came across to track down August's issue of Cricut Magazine.

She made me take these pictures, and in retrospect I'm sure glad she did. It is not every day you get to accomplish one of your life's goals.  My hair is an absolute fright in this picture because we had been hiking all over Chicago checking out the sights.

Because I believe public mortification should be shared my mom and sister are in the shot below!

Thanks for putting up with this self indulgence,

CarrieAnne

8 comments:

  1. Love that Mom's are our cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, that is terrific news! I certainly think it's very cool; I've never been published and would love to be. Will we be able to see your creations?--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! An online magazine just doesn't do it for me- there's something about holding it in my hands and turning the pages....

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so how I found your site..great work. i look forward to seeing more now that CHA stuff is over

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This is a wonderful accomplishment and you should feel very proud of yourself - it's not everyone who gets their projects published in any magazine. I love Cricut magazine and think that their articles are wonderful, looking forward to seeing you in print! God bless, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is amazing!! I am so happy for you!! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! I hadn't seen this post, but I'm glad I did! Congratulations!! I dream of having something like this happen, it's so nice that you've been published, you certainly deserve it!-Raquel

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)