Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learning to Bowl Mini Album

"Learning to Bowl" mini album made from Nifty Fifties Cartridge
I truly enjoy creating mini albums, and my Cricut Expression always me to make my albums in any shape or configuration I like. These pictures of taking my older two daughters bowling are several years old (we didn't even have the younger two yet!) It was their first time bowling and my husband was trying so hard to get them to use good fundamentals and all they wanted was to marvel over the "cool" two colored shoes they got to rent.

The idea of setting up this mini like a set of bowling pins has been kicking around in my mind for a while. When all the pages are closed the album looks like a fresh set of 10 pins just being set up. Some of the pages are on rings and some of them are on ribbon hinges so as you progress through the "steps" of bowling and more pins are "knocked" down you move through the album and see different pictures and journaling.

The entire album is based off a single bowling pin and ball cut from the nifty fifties cartridge. I cut the pin 10 times and removed the ball from each cut. I then set the pins up like a group of 10 and made a tracing of where each pin would go so that as I made moveable pages in groups of 3 or more pins they would all line up again at the end of the day. This pretty much ate up ALL my scrappy time this week, but I am happy with how it turned out so I included several pictures.

There are lots of Epiphany Crafts buttons, epoxys and findings on this and I love how I could use just a few papers and ribbons with Epiphany's tools to create a cohesive look.

 
Recipe
 Cricut Cartridge: Nifty Fifties
Patterned Paper: Glitz Designs, Pink Paislee
Tools: Epiphany Crafts (Shape Studio Tool Heart 14, Shape Studio Tool Round 14, Button Studio Tool Round 14, Shape Studio Accessories Bubble Caps Heart 14, Button Studio Tool Round20)
Epoxys: Epiphany Crafts (Shape Studio Round 14 Bubble Caps, Shape Studio Heart 14 Bubble Caps)
Buttons: Epiphany Crafts (Button Studio Round 14, Button Studio Buttons Round 20)
Settings: Epiphany Crafts (Vintage Settings - Club House)
Pearls: Want 2 Scrap
Adhesive: Beacon Adhesive (ZipDry), Stampin' UP! (Dimensionals, Glue Dots)
Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts (Black Canvas Thickers) Glitz Designs (Tiny Alpha - Burnt Orange)
Twine: The Twinery (Black and White)
Ribbon: May Arts (Red Pleated)
Pen: Copic (Mulitliner .01 Black)
Embellishments: Lil Davis (Bottle Cap), American Crafts (Chipboard Arrows, Heart), Die Cuts (Basic Grey)
Paint: Apple Barrel
Misc: Chipboard (Cereal Boxes), Jump Rings

Cuts
"Bowling" (with ball removed) on page 33 from the Nifty Fifties  cartridge cut at 6.5 inches.

2 comments:

  1. Totally awesome great job very creative I have never seen any thing like this Love it.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is one adorable and creative mini! Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)