Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Rounding Out the Cowboy Party Fun

These are the rest of the pictures from our Cowboy Party this Past weekend.

We had lots of fun activities including:

Panning for Gold




Hobby Horse Races ( I made 20 of these horses - they were the souvenirs for the kids to take home)






The kids roped and rode horses and cattle












We also had a photo booth where the kids could use disguises I put on sticks and props from the local thrift shop and dollar stores.



There was a great train chase jello eating contest (I used a William Sonoma train cake pan and the kids had to gobble up the trains before the law arrived)


What party could be complete without table decorations, a birthday banner and lots and lots of food?

Birthday Banner I made with my Cricut (the gorgeous lady is my Mother-In-Law who made the fantastic cake being cut)




I decorated the water bottles by making Belly Bands with My Cricut and Big Shot

The adults used mason jars for drinking the rootbeer and lemondae. I put striped straws with little pennants that said "Let's Party" in each one.



In addition to his amazing 3 tier cake, Reid had this super cool personal cowboy cake all to himself to eat. My Mother-In-Law made this one too!


I made the following fun treats to eat:


Personal Star Shaped Apple Pies

Smores on  a Stick

Chocolate Cacti (pretzels covered with green chocolate and coconut)

Chocolate dipped rice krispie treats shaped like stars, hats, and cowboy boots

Veggies with dips in indiviual containers (I love the sentiment on top - Every cowboy needs a little Ranch!)




Chips served in clear cups with coordinating cupcake liners on the inside.I also made the stand from various dollar store finds and some cowboy themed scrapbooking paper.


I also made fun place settings for each child at the table - with a wanted poster coloring sheet, gingham plates, cut paper bags for placemats, jean pocket silverware holders, and cow spotted cups. I couldn't find cups like this for a decent price so I just colored them with a Sharpie Marker myself.



The party was a bunch of work, but so worth it!! This little cowgirl needs a vacation from the ranch :)

Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that was a bunch of work! Wowza! But it all looks fabulous... what a party you put on, girl! ;) Lovin' all those details you put into this!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)