Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Graduation Cap (Mortarboard) Gift Box

Graduation Cap Gift Box with Happy Hauntings Cartridge
  You probably looked at the heading to this post and wondered whether I was aware that we are full into Fall and not Spring's graduation season. Well, while working on a Halloween project I will be sharing with you later, I came across the 3d cemetery box in the Happy Hauntings cartridge and the shape of it spoke to me.

It said "Don't I look just like a graduation cap box if you remove the tombstones, creepy hand, tree, etc."

And my crafty self replied, "Why yes, yes you do."

I was afraid if I didn't try the idea out right away I would forget about it. This was sooo easy to do and I can't wait till Spring when I can make lots of them. Never one to miss an opportunity to do something different, I choose vintage Crate and October Afternoon papers to add a little personality to this traditional blah piece of celebratory apparel. The mortarboard top is attached to a flap on the box and lifts up to open. I secured it with a glue dot to keep it closed. This would be fun for a gift card or any small gift.

Recipe:
Mortarboard Gift Box Top view
Cricut Cartridge: Happy Hauntings
Brad: Imaginisce I-Top Tool
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper, October Afternoon
Trim: The Girls Paperie
Pearls: Recollections
Floss: DMC (black)
Adhesive: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry, Glue Dots
Stickers: Karen Foster
Chipboard: Misc.

Cuts:
Box Base
"3DBox" cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge cut at 11.5 inches from black toile patterned paper.

Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)