Friday, June 1, 2012

Scrapping Summer Vacation (from last year)

Curtsey Boutique Disney "Family Fun" Glassine Bag


The weather is warm, the sun is shining and I'm dusting off my suitcases in preparation of participating in that most noble of American traditions - the road trip. I'd love to smack (I mean shake the hand) of the man who thought this one up. I know it wasn't a woman. What woman said you know what makes family fun time amazing:

Pit stops in the middle of no where with gas stations that look like they came from an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Campgrounds that have very loose definitions of the words "private showers"

and 

Theme parks which cost more than the Gross National Product of Liberia.


I know I'm whining, but I'll probably have fun on my two day road trip to Indiana - right? 10 hours in the card with 4 kids, piece of cake. 

I can hear the snickers already so stop it!

With this in mind, I've been crafting vacation themed embellishments and pages this week. I'd love to say I'm getting ahead for this Summer, but the truth is I'm shamefacedly still scrapping last Summer. I hope to share a couple of Project Life layouts with you next week from our trip to New England and to Disney.

This year we are heading to Indiana (in fact we are heading out next Friday) so I thought I better get those pictures in books before they become lost in the ever growing pile of photos on my scrap table.

Curtsey Boutique Disney Label Journaling Cards



For our Disney trip I put together a few following journaling cards and a cute glassine bag to hold our ticket stubs and other bits of memorabilia.

The labels are available in the shop here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/101184628/disney-journaling-labels-stickers-for 

and the medium sized glassine bag embossed with polka dots can be found here:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/100827237/glassine-bags-embossed-polka-dot-set-of 

Planning to hit the road soon,

CarrieAnne




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)