Friday, December 6, 2013

Shabby Chic Snowflake Ornament Tutorial with Andrea Amu

I love to mix in little bits and pieces of Shabby Chic décor amongst my favorite pieces of vintage and primitive fixins as I decorate.  The fresh white and glitter aspects that are common with each make it a very good style combination to pair up!  Ornaments are especially fun to decorate with this time of the year plus they make the perfect little gift too.  So, I started this project off by purchasing an unfinished wood snowflake ornament at a craft store. 

Here are the steps:

1.  First I coated the wood snowflake with several  generous layers of spray color mist.  I used a combination of Hot Chocolate Chalkboard Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels and Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist by Ranger.  Allow this all to completely dry.  Now spray the ornament with a heavy coat of Spray adhesive.  I used "General Purpose 45" by 3M.  You will want to cover the entire surface of the wood ornament with glitter of your choice.  I used one of my favorites, Fairy Dust glitter in Pralines & Cream by Donna Salazar Designs (Clearsnap).  Make sure to fix all the glitter to the ornament by spraying the surface with a clear coat fixative spray. 

2.  The rest of this project involves lots of embellishing... with lots of gorgeous Curtsey Boutique goodies!  First up, I layered on a pink heart paper doily from the shop.  Apply it to the top of the snowflake ornament using some strong adhesive glue-dots. 
 
3.  Next I selected some white glittered mini snowflakes to add in.  I layered each of them to the ornament having them peek beneath the pink heart doily and attaching them to the ornament with smaller glue-dots. 
 
4.  To finish this ornament and to really give it a boost of shabby chic-ness, add a fabulous Curtsey Boutique glass pearl and fabric tulle flower embellishment to the very top.  Adhere with a dab of hot glue.  Last, tie off a piece of jute twine through the hole at the top to use as the hanger. 
 
The result is a perfectly Shabby Chic Winter snowflake ornament to adorn your favorite holiday display!
 
Curtsey Boutique supplies:
 
Tulle Flowers
Heart Shaped Doilies
 
Other supplies:
 
Unfinished Wood Snowflake Ornament
Color Mist Spray
Glitter
Clear Coat Fixative Spray
Jute Twine
Glue-Dots
Hot Glue

To see more amazing projects from Andrea, visit her blog by clicking on her photo below.  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)