Friday, May 2, 2014

DIY Vintage Photograph Bag Tutorial by Connie Mercer

Vintage Photograph Bag Tutorial
Curtsey Boutique Designer
Connie Mercer
One of the absolute best parts of my morning routine is checking out my inbox to see what lovely creations my designers have sent me. I truly am amazed by their creative and this project by Connie is perhaps one of my most favorite.

Today she shares a lovely tutorial for making photograph bags to house lovely vintage snapshots. I hope you enjoy following along.

       1. Take the muslin bags and soak them in strong tea.

2


2. Let them set for about 30 min.  Then take them out and dry them.  (I let mine drip dry outside)


13.    Cut out your leaves using the Spring Greenery by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.
44.   Hot glue a cluster to center of the muslin bag.
55.  Hot glue the burlap butterfly over the leaves.

66. Take the seam Binding and spray it with water and scrunch it up in a ball.
77. Apply the Distress stain to it ~ random places and dry with a heat tool.
  8. Make a messy bow and adhere it to the center of the butterfly.

19. Stamp the white tag with your message and adhere under the wing of the Butterfly.
110. Gather some photographs and wrap twine around.
11.  Insert in bag for gift giving.

Other Supplies:
Buttons
Darkroom Door Stamp
Ranger ink
Tim Holtz/Sizzix die
Tea bags (for dyeing Muslin bags)
Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen)
Hot glue

Curtsey Boutique Supplies


     
To see more of Connie's lovely work be sure to visit her blog by clicking on her image below.


1 comment:

  1. I will be making some of these! Such a brilliant and gorgeous idea, Connie!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)